One Bakersfield woman's blog to mankind

The single woman's motto: "So... you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul..."

Friday, September 23, 2005

Introducing new local blog family members and what’s up with all the blog spamming?

It’s been a while since I talked about local blogs. I haven’t mentioned that there are some new bloggers in town I’ve been reading and have added to my blog family… so let’s take a moment and meet the new bloggers in town.

Local celebrity musician Cesareo Garasa of bands Karmahitlist, Rocky Nash and Mento Buru has started his own blog. He reflects about the music scene from within its very core giving us outsiders a rare musician’s perspective. He states as his reasons for putting written words to his voice:

“I’ve been keeping up with a lot of the bloggers here in Bakersfield and I’ve been entertained by stories, perspectives, rants and ruminations. But I felt compelled to start my own blog for the sole reason that after reading about myself and the rest of my local music scene (that I’ve cherished and respected since the late eighties) I have never given myself the chance to really reflect and respond to the synchronicity of the twists and turns in my career and experiences that have led me to this keyboard and these words that you’re reading.”

Cesareo has a lot of interesting things to say and unique perspectives to enlighten us with.

Heath Dobbler and Rob Shock both former members of the 3 Cent Nickle band rant and rave about music, video games, politics, band break ups, music shows, getting in trouble with the law, and occasionally find themselves debating with each other. It’s exciting to read their perspectives on our local music scene. I recently told them at a meeting of bloggers that they should be the Siskel and Ebert of the music scene as I find their debates extremely funny and entertaining. Still friends these ex-band mates debate like divorced spouses. Check in to see what they’re ranting about these days.

Local artist and curator of the Empty Space, Julia Heatherwick, has cornered the art world with her blog. She keeps us abreast of the goings on in the local and global art scene and occasionally throws in a few other topics for our enjoyment. Her latest blog unveils a controversial sculpture of a naked pregnant disabled woman that is causing quite the stir. Julia is a fabulous lady that has a lot to say about the art scene, check her out when you get the chance.

Miss Light has joined the ranks of local music scene bloggers sharing her adventures of her rock and roll lifestyle as she follows around her favorite rock stars/bands. She’s a very funny writer that gets herself into some sticky situations including being banned from Jerry’s pizza once upon a time. Check out her groupie antics on her blog.

Although not new to blogging… local New Leaves in March blog is a favorite daily read of mine. She takes interesting and striking photos and has a unique perspective on Bakersfield, music and the world. According to her latest blogs we are about to lose her to Houston Texas for as she says: “In the oil industry all roads lead to Houston.” Take a look at what’s going on in her world.

Local Bakersfield entertainment writer Danielle Belton writes about music, fashion, the fake famous and anything that annoys her on her blog.

Mexican on a Diet is one local man’s struggle to lose weight in a house constantly filled with good Mexican food. If he can survive the aromas emanating from his family’s kitchen he’ll win the battle. Check in to see his progress and offer your encouragement.

Former Bakersfieldian Skinny Girl Fat Girl now lives in Chicago and reminisces about Bakersfield days and rants about food and dieting with unrivaled sarcastic wit. I can’t decide if I want to hug her to death or beat her up every time she eats something. Check her blog out you’ll love what she has to say.

Of course my local blog family would not be complete without my daily blog staples: Local author NL Belardes gives us the skinny on all music, art and literary gossip and shows; JR gives everyone the Ill News and event goings on in the local music scene, Enrique Fuentes Queen of the Downtown Fur gives us her fashionable parodies on local music and the theater scene, Baketown gives us her take on all the goings on around Bakersfield, $200 Car the humorous story of a car that cost $200 bucks and any ole thing he wants to rant about, and Flower in the Dale writes about her struggles as a single mom living in Oildale although I hope she’s doing ok for she hasn’t updated her blog in a while.

I’d like to give a special mention to a NON-Bakersfield blog family member. MER of Chicago has a unique perspective on life; he touches my heart with his words. Sometimes I feel he sees exactly what I can’t.

I hope you all enjoy reading these writers as I do…

And now I must ask: WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH ALL THE BLOG SPAMMING GOING ON??? Every one of these new bloggers are suffering from blog spamming in their comment sections. It’s absolutely ridiculous!! They all say something like: “hey what a great blog check out this link blah blah blah.” I bet some computer somewhere in cyberspace is set to automatically post a blog spamming comment every time someone updates his or her blog. It’s like computerized telemarketing. No one wants to deal with telemarketers on the phone and they certainly don’t want to spend all the thought, creative energy and time they put into writing a blog just to have it spammed by computerized telemarketers. All this blog spamming I’ve been seeing lately makes me glad that I turned my comments off months ago for personal reasons. Now when I receive comments through email they are directed towards what I’ve written in my blog and usually the commenter has put some thought into what they are saying. What I want to know is how do bloggers get off the blog spamming list?? Does blogger.com have a way to block all blog spamming comments?? Blog spamming is UNCOOL, UNWANTED and UNSOLICITED and every time I see a blog spamming comment on a blog I’m reading I want to ruin their websites the same way they are ruining the bloggers sites. These blog spammers make me want to do evil things…